Saying No (10 mins)Practice your refusal skills with a friend.
Do a small role play about saying 'NO'.
One of you tries to convince the other to smoke a cigarette. The other refuses.
Use the following skills:
1. Say NO quietly and clearly with appropriate non-verbal language.
2. If your NO is not accepted, repeat your refusal in a strong and loud tone of voice:
- don't leave any doubt that you mean NO when you say NO
- look your partner straight in the eye
- do not smile or look away shyly
- do not give your partner the impression that you need to be convinced or coaxed